Saturday, February 16, 2008

If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Although my Dad passed away several years ago, there are many time when it seems as if I can still sense his presence with me as I experience different things. Some times I can almost hear him saying things that he used to say. I am not sure if they are exact quotes or just the way I remember them. One thing Dad used to say, especially if something wasn't going right or easy was, "if it was easy, anybody could do it." This says two things to me. First, don't give up, and secondly, the person who is able to do the hard things will rise above the crowd. I have heard, and read several places that we make money by solving problems. The more difficult the problem, the more you are paid for solving that problem.

Many time when I am trying to solve a problem, whether it is trying to figure out how to get a piece of equipment working right at my job, or working through a difficult relationship, remembering my Dad saying, "if it was easy, anybody could do it", gives me the incentive to not give up.

We are told in Genesis 1:26 that God created us in His image. The Message Bible says we are made to reflect His nature. The God who created the universe, created us with the ability to solve problems, not give up at the first sign of trouble. Phillipians 4:13 says "whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."

Don't be afraid to tackle the difficult things, ask for the Lord's wisdom in every situation. He is faithful to be there, right beside you leading and guiding if we seek Him.

Phil

No comments: